Thursday, January 22, 2009

Santa has babies?

The other day Jake and I were on our way home from school and he told me that Mrs. J (his wonderful teacher) has a sister. I said I didn't know that and explained to him that Mama has two brothers and Daddy has two sisters. He sat there in deep thought for a minute and this is what followed:
Jake: Mama, I need a sister like Mrs. J. Can I have two like Daddy?
Mama: Well....(fear deep in my throat), you'll have to ask Santa for a baby sister this year. He gave Buddy the Elf a family.
Jake: But Mama, Santa sent Buddy the Elf to a bad daddy. And Buddy is a boy! I want a sister!
Mama: Well, we'll just wait and see. Mama has to grow one in her belly.
(Deep thought and hands on hip) Jake: Mama, I need my baby sister for Christmas! Now!
He doesn't think it's fair that Jeremy and I got two of each. Growing up, we didn't think it was far either!

1 comment:

Jim and Cara Lea said...

looks like y'all need to get to work.. in time for Christmas! :)