Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Disco Pirate Bunnies!

A rare moment that I'm happy to live on the East Coast: we were able to spend two lazy days at the beach! Being bad parents, we have not taken Jake to the beach all summer (and he is a water baby!) so on Saturday we drove out to Jax Beach, ate at a nice Greek diner, and spent the rest of the afternoon with our toes in the sand!
We rode the Mayport ferry across (some body of water...but I don' t know which) and let Jake see all of the 'pirates' out looking for their buried treasures. I'm pretty sure they were shrimp boats but if he thinks they're pirates, then 'gggarrrrrr, matey!'
Saying farewell to land....
Once we got to the beach, the water was too cold to swim in so we enjoyed walking around in the shallow waves and searching for seashells for our seashell sandcastle.
'Look Mama! A pirate ship!'
Digging for shells....
He makes me do the dirty work....
Our final product: a Seashell Sandcastle!
Monday was the start of an exciting and busy week for us. After much decision, Jeremy and I decided to move Jake to a new school. Below is from his first day. He absolutely loves the new school because his teacher plays the banjo and there is a castle on the playground. My little Green Monstah is growing up!!
Have a great week! Think Pink!

2 comments:

Jim and Cara Lea said...

ya'll are so fun.. and I am loving Jakes "Green Monstah" t-shirt!

Princess said...

Hiiiii there I am so mad yet happy that jake likes his new teacher, he didn't even give Mrs. Princess a week of missing. I thought I see how u guys were doing tell jake that I miss his hugs every morning and I really am glad that he is enjoying his new school and teacher that makes me happy...hugs and kisses