Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1,453 Days Old...And Counting...

I guess I'm being a sappy Mom but about this time every year, I reflect on how much Jake has changed and grown. This time next week he'll be 4 years old! I'm happy that he's growing up but I'm also sad that my baby is officially not a baby anymore.
What 4 Year Old Boys Can Do:
Ride a bike
Feed/Dress/Bath himself
Buckle his own seat belt
Write his name
Sing the Alphabet song (to everyone)
Recognize letters and numbers (we spell out all words now)
Tell jokes
Play catch with Mama and Daddy
Order his own food at restaurants
(I could probably be more specific and go on and on...)
Below are just a few of my favorite pictures taken after we moved to Florida. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
October 2006-18 months old. Taken right after we moved to Jacksonville. He had just started riding his tricycle really good.
September 2006-17 months old. Jake's first time in the Atlantic Ocean.
June 2007-26 months old. My water baby.
June 2007-a trip to the Alligator Farm with Lovey and Papa Bear.
Jake is having a small Madagascar birthday party at his 'Mississippi School' (daycare in Puckett) tomorrow followed by a Transformers party at his 'Florida School' next Wednesday.
Hopefully, he'll be happy to come home this weekend and we can get some good pictures.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jim and Cara Lea said...

Precious.. I love the ice cream picture! I can't believe his is almost 4!.. where does the time go?!

Deanne said...

thanks bff. i feel special. you know it would be easier to make you happy when you are sad if you lived here. then i could bring you ice cream!