Monday, August 25, 2008

(Long Post: Brace yourself!)
Surprise! Jake is in Mississippi! Since Fay decided to hang around longer than expected, I couldn't post soon enough that Jeremy, Jake, Molly, and I trekked through the hurricane-like weather on Wednesday morning to the Orlando airport so Jake could fly to MS. We survived the worst of the weather in the car!


Jake was so excited to see his Papa Bear! You can't really tell from the pictures but he was happy to be there. He kept Papa awake during the flight to Atlanta and then on to Jackson. He even made Papa wake up from his little nap because they were getting ready to land the plane. It was always great to spend a few minutes with my Dad at the airport. We miss them so much!

My big boy on his way to ride in the airplane!
So we got to spend the rest of the week at home (with no satellite) while Fay stayed for an over-extended visit. While the weather was worsening in Orlando, we got to go through the Ikea store for some quality shopping time...best store in the world! Fay finally left on Saturday with only minor damage to our house. Below is a picture of the side of the house from wind damage. The worst part of the storm was the time without Direct TV....thank goodness for Chad, the repairman, because he came late Saturday night in the 65 mph winds and depressing rain so I could finish my Law and Order: SVU marathon!


Sunday, Jeremy, Molly, and I drove in a Penske truck to St. Petersburg, FL to deliver some much needed diapers to a nursing home. We knew all were grateful. To get into St. Pete you have to cross this incredibly long and dangerous (only to me) bridge. This is the only picture I got of that trip-a rainbow appeared as we were leaving town. It was like a sign that everything was okay after crossing that horrible bridge twice!

Jake will be in Mississippi until Friday when he and my folks drive down here for the weekend. We can't wait to see him again-I think he would rather live on the farm that with his Mama....I think Lovey and Papa bribed him with a horse if he would move in with them.
Have a great (sunny and dry) week!

No comments: