Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What do you do when your childless?

Since Jake has been in Mississippi for a full week now, I really have nothing fascinating to post about. However, since I'm slightly bored, and my readers must be bored by my blogging, below are some interesting facts:
About Me:
1. When I find something I like, I stick to it. My addictions include: fasweet sugar, Burt's Bees watermelon chapstick, Law and Order: SVU, and sudoku. I use at least 2 of these every day.
2. I'm obsessed with clean carpet. Really, I hate carpet, but since I have it, I must make do. I like to see the vacuum lines in my living room and bedrooms. If Jeremy wouldn't get mad, I would vacuum everyday like I did when I stayed home with the munchkin. You should see me with my steam cleaner...
3. My single life in college was so much fun but it's like I don't remember any of it once Jeremy and Jake came along. My life began when I saw Jeremy at the Dock....
4. I work with cancer patients every day in some way or another. From trying on wigs to finding transportation to planning a children's party-I get to help those affected by cancer and it's the easiest and hardest job I've ever had. But totally worth it.
My Jeremy:
1. He never does something half way. It's all or nothing, good or bad. Don't start something you can't finish.
2. We laugh at all of our own jokes-and usually, we're the only ones that find them funny.
3. I call him a squirrel sometimes because he tends to ball stuff up and stick it somewhere, anywhere. You should see his truck-it's so cute!
4. He's just amazing-he's a wonderful best friend, daddy, son-in-law, and a superfantastic husband.
Jake:
1. He's very particular about what he wants and does not want. You can't fool him with anything. Don't even try. He knows.
2. He picks out his own clothes and shoes when shopping. For example, I wanted to buy him new Spiderman shoes before he went to MS, and he insisted that he did not need new light ups. Instead, me made Lovey go with him to buy new ones. He will only get dressed in the morning once he approves his attire.
3. At school the teachers call him 'Baby Jake' because he's so sweet. If a friend hits him, he won't hit him back. We finally taught him to say 'not nice!' Jake believes the best of everyone.
4. His favorite snack is a sprinkled donut from the local grocer. Every Friday before school, we stop at Publix for a specially made sprinkled donut and chocolate milk. The girl behind the counter flirts with him!

2 comments:

Deanne said...

in reference to #3 about you:
you don't remember me!?!?!? you don't remember our college days?!?!?! you don't remember laying around watching movies...the same ones over and over?!?!?! you don't remember!!! i'm soooooo sad. hehe.

Anonymous said...

You are my favorite blogger! I love Law and Order: SVU, Sudoku and clean carpet too. I thought I was just weird, thanks for the reassurance.;] Since Jake-man will be staying another week, I might get to see him. =D

Miss you guys!

- Lindy